There are two types of transactions in a Bank, Cash and non-cash.
There are two types of vouchers.
1. which evidences only debit or credit to an account
2. which contains both debit and credit to different accounts (composite vouchers)
Normal debit vouchers are :
- Withdrawal forms
- Dividend/interest warrants
- Travellers' cheques
- Letter of authority signed by the customers, containing standing instructions.
- Debit vouchers prepared by the branch
- Term Deposit receipt presented for payment
Normal Credit vouchers are :
- Applications for issue of DDs, TDs, BCs, RTGS/NEFT, pay orders
- Challans for deposits into Central/State Govt Accounts
- Credit vouchers prepared by the branch